In order to run the Java version of the AccuWage/AccuW2C software, you must have the necessary Java Runtime Environment (JRE) files on your PC. Most users already have these files on their systems because Java applications are used in a wide range of computers and networks and are compatible with nearly every platform.
Accuwage software 2012 download links
- Download AccuWage – 2012 Tax Year
- Download AccuW2C – 2012 Tax Year
- Uninstall AccuWage – 2012 Tax Year
- Uninstall AccuW2C – 2012 Tax Year
- Uninstall AccuWage Java – 2011 Tax Year
- Uninstall AccuW2C Java – 2011 Tax Year
- EFW2 – EFW2C
AccuWage/AccuW2C is free software from Social Security. It allows you to check W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) and W-2c (W-2 correction) reports for correctness before you send them to Social Security. Using AccuWage and AccuW2C greatly reduces submission rejections. Download the latest version of AccuWage software as you prepare your wage reports each year.
AccuWage and AccuW2C software for 2012 are designed to test wage reports in the current EFW2 – EFW2C formats. The most current versions of AccuWage and AccuW2C work with current and prior year wage submissions.
- A new version of AccuWage and AccuW2C software for 2012 (1.1.0) are now available for download.
- This version corrects the problem in the RA records for the Contact E-mail/Internet field. If an invalid E-mail address comprised of over 35 characters was entered in the field, the software could potentially run in endless loops.
- This version also corrects the problem in the RE records for the three keyboard characters ‘[‘, ‘ ]’ and ‘\’. The fields that allow keyboard characters were receiving error messages when any of the keyboard characters were used.
- Previous versions of the AccuWage and AccuW2C software have been removed from the AccuWage website. We recommend that wage submitters uninstall prior versions of AccuWage and AccuW2C before they download the software for the current tax year.
The AccuWage application allows the Annual Wage Report (AWR) submitters to test the format accuracy of wage reports prior to sending them to the Social Security Administration (SSA) for processing. The AccuWage application checks the W-2 wage reports to ensure they comply with Publication 42-007: Specifications for Filing Forms W-2 Electronically (EFW2) and provides reports listing all errors found in the wage report. The wage report cannot be edited using the AccuWage software. The submitter can create a new EFW2 test file or correct the existing EFW2 test file that generated the errors. The wage report can be repeatedly retested until all the errors have been corrected.
The AccuWage application identifies many, but not all, wage submission errors. For example, AccuWage does not verify names and Social Security Numbers (SSNs). The likelihood of submission rejection, though not eliminated, is greatly reduced when using this application.