IRS Form 1040 – Forms and Schedules (2011)

Schedule A (Form 1040), Itemized Deductions
Use Schedule A (Form 1040) to figure your itemized deductions. In most cases, your federal income tax will be less if you take the larger of your itemized deductions or your standard deduction.

Schedule B (Form 1040), Interest and Ordinary Dividends
Use Schedule B to report your taxable interest or ordinary dividends.

Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Business
Use Schedule C (Form 1040) to report income or loss from a business you operated or a profession you practiced as a sole proprietor.An activity qualifies as a business if your primary purpose for engaging in the activity is for income or profit and you are involved in the activity with continuity and regularity.

Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040), Net Profit From Business
You can use Schedule C-EZ instead of Schedule C if you operated a business or practiced a profession as a sole proprietorship or qualified joint venture, or you were a statutory employee and you have met all the requirements listed in Schedule C-EZ, Part I.

Schedule D (Form 1040), Capital Gains and Losses
Use Schedule D (Form 1040) to report the sale or exchange of capital assets, gains from involuntary conversions of capital assets, capital gain distributions and nonbusiness bad debts.

Schedule E (Form 1040), Supplemental Income and Loss
Use Schedule E (Form 1040) to report port income or loss from rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corporations, estates, trusts, and residual interests in REMICs.

Schedule EIC (Form 1040A or 1040), Earned Income Credit
Use Schedule EIC (Form 1040A or 1040) to give the IRS information about your qualifying child(ren).

Schedule F (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Farming
Use Schedule F (Form 1040) to report farm income and expenses.

Schedule H (Form 1040), Household Employment Taxes
Use Schedule H to report household employment taxes if you pay Social security and Medicare wages of $1,800 or more, FUTA wages or wages from which you withhold federal income tax.

Schedule J (Form 1040), Income Averaging for Farmers and Fishermen
Use Schedule J (Form 1040) to elect to figure your income tax by averaging, over the previous 3 years (base years), all or part of your taxable income from your trade or business of farming or fishing.

Schedule R (Form 1040A or 1040), Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled
Use Schedule R (Form 1040) to figure the credit for the elderly or the disabled.

Schedule SE (Form 1040), Self-Employment Tax
Use Schedule SE (Form 1040) to figure the tax due on net earnings from self-employment.

2011 Form 1040-V (PDF)
Payment Voucher

Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Used by individual taxpayers to amend prior year tax returns.

Form 2106, Employee Business Expenses
Use Form 2106 if you were an employee deducting ordinary and necessary expenses for your job.

Form 2210, Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and Trusts
Generally, use Form 2210 to see if you owe a penalty for underpaying your estimated tax and, if you do, to figure the amount of the penalty.

Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses
If you paid someone to care for your child (under age 13) or other qualifying person so you (and your spouse if filing jointly) could work or look for work, you may be able to take the credit for child and dependent care expenses.

Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative
Use Form 2848 to authorize an individual to represent you before the IRS. The individual you authorize must be a person eligible to practice before the IRS.

Form 3903, Moving Expenses
Use Form 3903 to figure your moving expense deduction for a move related to the start of work at a new principal place of work (workplace). If the new workplace is outside the United States or its possessions, you must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien to deduct your expenses.

Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization
Use Form 4562 to claim your deduction for depreciation and amortization, make the election under section 179 to expense certain property, and provide information on the business/investment use of automobiles and other listed property.

Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Use Form 4868 to apply for 6 more months (4 if “out of the country” and a U.S. citizen or resident) to file Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040NR, 1040NR-EZ, 1040-PR, or 1040-SS.

Form 4952, Investment Interest Expense Deduction
Use Form 4952 to figure the amount of investment interest expense you can deduct for the current year and the amount you can carry forward to future years. Your investment interest expense deduction is limited to your net investment income.

Form 5329, Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and Other Tax-Favored Accounts
Use Form 5329 to report additional taxes on IRAs, other qualified retirement plans, modified endowment contracts, Coverdell ESAs, QTPs, Archer MSAs, or HSAs.

Form 6251, Alternative Minimum Tax – Individuals
Use Form 6251 to figure the amount, if any, of your alternative minimum tax (AMT).

Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions
Used to claim a deduction for a charitable contribution of property or similar items of property, the claimed value of which exceeds $500

Form 8582, Passive Activity Loss Limitations
Form 8582 is used by noncorporate taxpayers to figure the amount of any passive activity loss (PAL) for the current tax year.

Form 8606, Nondeductible IRAs
Use Form 8606 to report: nondeductible contributions you made to traditional IRAs; distributions from traditional, SEP, or SIMPLE IRAs, if you have ever made nondeductible ontributions to traditional IRAs; distributions from Roth IRAs; conversions from traditional, SEP, or SIMPLE IRAs to Roth IRAs; rollovers from qualified retirement plans (other than designated Roth accounts) to Roth IRAs; in-pla…

Form 8812, Additional Child Tax Credit
Form 8812 is used to figure the additional child tax credit. This additional child tax credit may give you a refund even if you do not owe any tax.

Form 8822, Change of Address
You can use Form 8822 to notify the Internal Revenue Service if you changed your home or business mailing address or your business location.

Form 8829, Expenses for Business Use of Your Home
Use Form 8829 to figure the allowable expenses for business use of your home on Schedule C (Form 1040) and any carryover to next year of amounts not deductible this year.

Form 8863, Education Credits (American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credits)
Use Form 8863 to figure and claim your education credits, which are based on qualified education expenses paid to an eligible postsecondary educational institution.

Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
Use Form 8949 to list all capital gain and loss transactions; the subtotals from this form will then be carried over to Schedule D (Form 1040), where gain or loss will be calculated in aggregate.

Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request
Use Form 9465 to request a monthly installment plan if you cannot pay the full amount you owe shown on your tax return (or on a notice we sent you).